On behalf of Expo 2020 and Her Excellency, the Events & Entertainment team will be responsible for the delivery of Expo 2020 Opening and Closing Ceremonies; programming & productions in Al Wasl and across the entire site.
The Head of Planning will support the Chief of Events and Entertainment to lead and support on all planning requirements for the Department. This includes leading and managing integration and alignment with all internal and external stakeholders with PMO interfaces, vendor management across the division, tracking and reporting, finance, procurement, contracts, legal, insurance, human resource process tracking, audit support and division administration.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead all vendor management systems and communication across the division internally and externally;
- Lead, manage and be accountable for record-keeping across the department to enable proper auditing of processes, outputs and financials; as well as appropriate knowledge capture and transfer in an accessible format;
- Lead, manage and be accountable for the schedule of event operations policies & procedures catalogue and their drafting schedule;
- Lead, manage and be accountable for keeping the records and action items for weekly departmental team meetings;
- Maintain & manage departmental workforce plan and coordinate annual performance management cycle;
- Advise on and facilitate compliance with Expo relevant policies and procedures;
- Ensure continual and up to date adherence to Expo policies, procedures and frameworks;
- Support the SVP Planning & Strategic Projects with planning, financial management, recruitment in the team; and any other prioritised requests.
12+ years in delivering large, complex programmes of events at an international standard, as well as:
- A Bachelor's degree within the relevant field;
- Ability to develop positive relationships among internal and external stakeholders, peers and senior management;
- A proven record of accomplishment in maintaining and monitoring policies and processes and the integration of multiple stakeholder demands;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work with all departments and address their individual request in light of the bigger picture;
- Displays the highest levels of integrity and commitment;
- Experience in project management methods and techniques supported by a recognized Project Management certification (e.g. PMP or PRINCE2).