Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding and a global luxury hotel company, operates a world-class 6,500+-key portfolio of 25 properties across the Middle East (including the flagship Burj Al Arab Jumeirah), Europe and Asia, with more properties currently under construction around the globe.
At Jumeirah, we offer our colleagues a diverse environment in which to develop their careers at the highest level. We provide equal opportunities for our colleagues to grow and thrive within the company. We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. Our colleagues receive a warm welcome and you will instantly feel part of our Jumeirah family. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the role is an integral part of the team and will allow your individual talent to shine.About The Role
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Finance Manager to join one of our Luxury Beach Resort in Dubai.Financial And Management Accounting Responsibilities
- To assist Finance Manager with supervision of the day-to-day operations within Finance department and ensuring compliance to Jumeirah finance policies and procedures.
- To ensure daily revenue booked, income audit pack, compliance dashboards are prepared, general cashier reconciliation, preparation of bank reconciliation, etc.
- To ensure month end closing commitments in terms of revenue finalization, inventory and cost reporting, accruals are completed in an accurate and timely manner, and that all reporting deadlines are met.
- To ensure monthly accruals are prepaid and coordinate with department heads.
- To ensure monthly balance sheet reconciliations completed in accordance with policies and procedure.
- Weekly cash flow projections prepared and reviewed with treasury department and provide feedback to Area Director of Finance.
- To assist Finance Manager with monthly forecast preparation as & when required
Communication And Relationship
- To assist the quarterly Internal Audit and associated reports as well as any Interim Internal Audits by providing required information and coordinating with finance support center
- To assist the Finance Manager with ad-hoc reporting, analysis, and projects.
- Prepare interim and monthly payroll reconciliation for Area DOF approval
- Coordinate with HR department payroll related service charge distribution, deductions etc. and provide feedback to payroll team.
- Establish a professional and strong relationship with department heads and key stakeholders within organization
- To maintain close communication with finance support center and corporate finance, external, internal and government auditors
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
About The Benefits
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree in Finance or Accounting.
- At least 3 year of experience in hotel finance as an Assistant Finance Manager.
- Fully knowledgeable of Sun Systems, Opera, Symphony, Hyperion, HFM and Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.).
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.Primary Location
United Arab Emirates (AE)-Dubai-DubaiJob
Group and Corporate [G&C]Job Posting
Mar 3, 2021, 5:03:17 AM