Job Description: Solution Selling Specialist
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
As part of Nokia Enterprise (NE) sales organization addressing Transportation, Energy, Public Sector and Extra Large Enterprises (TEPS & XLE) customers, reporting to the head of NE/MEA Technical Sales, you combine your technical knowledge with sales skills to provide advice and support to the Sales people in the targeted segment with a primary focus on, developing new business in Middle East region.
The Sales Solution Specialist provides specialized expertise to support the sales team ahead of the actual sales to drive sales of an optimum solution mix to customers.
- Works with customers and development teams to create the best fit offering.
- Contributes to / defines the technical strategy towards the designated customer(s), optimally adapts towards their vision, requirements, and needs in close collaboration with the respective customer teams and market solution team / head.
- Makes technical presentations to customers focusing on Nokia's value proposition to customer during prospect and negotiation phases.
The Sales Solution Specialist role includes activities from the early stage of customer engagement to offer defense:
- Develops business opportunities with medium and large customers in collaboration with Sales team / Account Manager.
- Provides system high level architecture a technical expertise and / or expertise in own area of solutions, and leads solution offer creation activities to address customer's needs as well as to achieve business targets.
- Actively contributes to create long-term partnerships with key customers, and acts as senior subject matter expert typically at regional level (e.g. creates customer network evolution plans and position our technology strategy, solutions and products strongly).
- Uses knowledge on how the job contributes to the corporate goals as well as knowledge of industry and competitive landscape, provides technical expertise in the early phase of opportunity development, and develops innovative solutions to increase own effectiveness and to sustain competitive advantage.
- Actively identifies complex technical risks (e.g. solution road map availability) and proposes mitigation plans which generate solid business impact.
- Contributes to the LoA process from technical perspective.
- Influences strategic decisions within own unit that affect the performance of broader organization.
- Leads functional team, handles day-to-day staff management issues, including allocation of work (e.g. interaction across all Nokia Business Groups, supports bid team on solution description, Scope of Work (SoW), Bill of Quantity (BoQ), contributes to Statement of Compliance (SoC))."
Overall, you develop long-term relationships with clients through managing and interpreting their requirements. Qualifications Technical skills:
strong expertise in IP, Transport and Wireless (LTE, WiFi) solutions and good understanding of latest trends around Cloud and IoT in order to understand the specifics of customer requirements, analyze them and recommend appropriate solutions. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate an ability and motivation to expand one’s own technical and professional knowledge while keeping up-to-date on the latest advances in Customers' industries: knowledge of, and insight into general business principles and practices of the four targeted markets segments: Government, Energy, Transportation. Sales skills:
As with any sales profession, Sales Solution Specialists need strong interpersonal skills as they have to build long-term relationships with clients and communicate verbally and in writing with other sales team members and customers. They must be persuasive in their presentations and persistent in pursuing leads. They also need to show a willingness to help and serve others and meet their needs whether they be internal or external customers.
The candidate should have at least 5-year experience in one of the three identified segments
In addition the candidate shall:
- Have advanced communication skills with recognized know-how in customer presentation
- Be mobile - moderate to high travel frequency depending on projects needs
- Have the ability to work under strong pressure and limited timeline
- Have the ability to work effectively across cultures, languages, time-zones, in remote management (distributed organization)
- Endorse strong commitments to the team objectives and teamwork spirit
- Be autonomous in every aspect of his mission
Arabic, English full professional efficiency, French is a true added value Primary Location
Jordan, Lebanon, Pakistan, Qatar Organization