Housekeeping Manager - Zabeel House by Jumeirah, the Greens - (210000CZ)
About Jumeirah and the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues, in a world-class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Our lifestyle brand, Zabeel House takes inspiration from our roots – Dubai. Much like the city where it was created, we too like to push the boundaries to create innovative hotel stays. We are curators of ‘what is good’, and build experiences that people want to share. The Zabeel House has five key brand values.
Limitless curiosity is our commitment to engage the guest in the local neighbourhood through sharing our knowledge of the area with guests to inspire them to explore. Inventiveness is our commitment to engage with guests with open minds, with ingenuity, with fresh creativity always thinking outside the box. Honesty reflects our commitment to always be genuine towards our guests; to have conversations, not interactions. Freedom relates to Zabeel House design and ambiance – we created a brand that is high on design but low on complexity and our design-led spaces are crafted to allow our guests to have the freedom to be who they want to be and stay how they want to stay. Finally, Belonging reflects how we want our guests to feel - guests who want to live like a local even if just for a day.
Our property, Zabeel House by Jumeirah, The Greens, offers its guests 210 rooms and suites, a co-work space with meeting rooms, a modern gym, rooftop pool and a number of happening restaurant outlets including a multi award winning vibrant Pan-Asian restaurant.
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Housekeeping Manager to join our Housekeeping Department in Zabeel House by Jumeirah The Greens. The main purpose of the role is to plan, organize and supervise the housekeeping operations, effectively managing and controlling the relevant budget and manpower while ensuring the provision of services adhering to the highest degree of quality guest care and to Company standards of service.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Monitor, control and inspect the daily housekeeping operations focusing on the delivery of the required services according to the process, procedures and standards of the Group.
- Control the housekeeping supplies expenses and develop the shift schedule according to the requirements of the operations and the capacity of the manpower, in order to manage effectively the housekeeping budget and the available manpower.
- Ensure that all guest requests/complaints are handled promptly and professionally at all times with the highest degree of guest care quality and discretion
- Liaise closely with the Front Office Desk regarding the vacant and occupied rooms requested for cleaning and plan accordingly the housekeeping activities in order to prepare accordingly for the guests.
- Coordinates with the Engineering and Food & Beverage operations in order to support them in the delivery of their tasks by performing all the required cleaning and housekeeping of the required area, e.g. rooms, F&B outlets, public areas, etc.
- Monitors that all guest rooms and pubic areas are equipped with the predefined supplies at all time, ensuring compliance with the standards and protocols of the hotel.
- Conduct regular housekeeping meetings to keep colleagues informed of policies and procedure, special events, further improvement plans and guest comments to improve their engagement and commitment in delivery high quality services
- Ensure compliance to all relevant Health, Safety and Environment management procedures and controls within a defined area of activity so that Company provides world class and luxurious hospitality services to its guests.
- Recommend some improvements to departmental policy, implement approved departmental policies, processes and procedures, and provide instructions to subordinates and monitor their adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner while delivering a quality service to guests and maintaining standards of excellence.
- Motivate subordinates and contribute to the identification of opportunities for participating in change initiatives, programmes and projects taking into account best practices, improvement of processes and productivity improvement.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- College Degree in a relevant field from an accredited College.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in relevant field within the international hospitality industry, 2 years of which in managing a team of housekeeping.
- Ability to resolve guest complaints/issues in a calm and professional manner.
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Advanced knowledge of Housekeeping process and procedures.
- High level of customer service orientation.
- Very good knowledge of the hotel health & safety regulations and standards
- Very good command of speaking, reading, and writing English language.
- Computer literacy and very good MS office skills.
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which include; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates (AE)-Dubai-Dubai
Job: Housekeeping & Laundry
Organization: Zabeel House The Greens [ZHTG]
Job Posting: Apr 19, 2021, 11:05:47 AM