Cobblestone Energy is an independent trading firm. Founded in 2017, we are part of the next generation of companies defining the future of global commodity trading. Although we have experienced very strong growth so far, we are still near the start of our journey. We have ambitions to go a lot further.
Energy in one form or another is fundamental to almost all the world's economic activities. By understanding the demand, supply, and logistics of these commodities, we can better understand the world.
We specialise in the proprietary trading of the short-term wholesale electricity markets across Europe. We make use of advanced data analytics and extensive research to drive profitable decision making, trading enough electricity every day to power a small country and growing every day. Technology and risk management form the backbone of our business.Cobblestone Values
- Lifelong learning with continuous reflection
- Independent thinking through a meritocracy of ideas
- The team is more important than the individual
- Being the best in any market we enter
- Hiring and keeping only the most effective people
- Others must benefit from our existence
At Cobblestone Energy we are on a mission to build the most advanced European electricity trading and analytics platform, with our technology being used by our teams of commercial traders to create significant value. We are looking for enthusiastic and resourceful developers who are passionate about building exceptionally reliable and performance data processing solutions. You want to help the commercial team make data-informed decisions, have a curious mindset, and are motivated to understand our business better. Developing a strong domain knowledge of our industry over time is key to long term success in this role.
This is a rare opportunity to participate in the growth of a major player in the European Electricity Markets. We are looking for someone who would be committed to the long-term success of the business. We operate in the European Energy markets, but our commercial trading operations are in Dubai, UAE. This role will be recruited and on-boarded remotely.
At the beginning, work shall be done from your home country with periodic travels to Dubai in which case Cobblestone Energy shall handle all visa and paperwork issues on your behalf. At a later stage and based on performance, you might be relocated to join our Dubai office.
If you have excellent programming skills, strong problem-solving skills, and a passion for developing and improving applications utilizing cutting edge technologies, then we would like to meet you.What We Offer In This Role
- A full-time position on our Information Technology team.
- Committed and remarkably talented colleagues.
- Great compensation and rewards.
- An exciting, challenging and fulfilling career.
- An opportunity to work on new things from scratch and make independent decisions.
- Unlimited growth potential.
- Fast progression for strong performers
- Write software applications and programs for backend/frontend purposes.
- Analyse programs and apps to improve their features and functionalities.
- Test & debug programs and fix any reported bugs.
- Collaborate with the tech team to improve the performance, efficiency, and scalability of our tools.
- BS/BE in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Electrical & Computer Eng.
- Programming skills in Python language.
- Knowledge of at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask ...) is a plus.
- Programming skills in Java is a plus.
- Familiarity & Knowledge in front-end technologies such as HTML5, CSS, JQuery, JS, etc.
- Strong knowledge of REST APIs and webservices.
- Strong knowledge of Relational Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server ...) and SQL language.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases is a plus.
- Knowledge of AWS is a plus / Knowledge of data visualization tools, mainly Tableau, is a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical skills.
- Resilience and a determination to succeed.
- Independent thinkers with growth mindset.
- Must be passionate, self-motivated, and able to learn quickly.
- Strong sense of integrity.
- Personal values that match our company values.
Work shall be done from your home country with periodic travels to Dubai with the opportunity of relocation based on performanceOffice Location:
Jumeirah Business Centre 2, Cluster V, Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.Some videos for your reference:
Who is Elexon? For the UK market, they are the system administrator.
What Elexon does - YouTube
Some general information about electricity trading arrangements in the UK
Electricity trading arrangements - YouTube
Elexon sushi video. Tries to explain the balancing of the UKs electricity grid.
Elexon Simple as Sushi on Vimeo
The videos above are UK centric, but our current interest is Europe wide. Feel free to research the other markets. This is a longer video explains why there is such large opportunity going forward for the electricity traders who can efficiently analyse supply and demand fundamentals and move power between countries, for the benefit of all.
Is 100% Renewable Possible By 2050? - Interconnectors.
Once Europe is conquered, we do genuinely intend on going global. The American power markets look next on the plate, followed by the Australian and Japanese