Posting Date Apr 20, 2021
Job Number 21037374
Job Category Administrative
Location W Dubai - The Palm, West Crescent Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
Purpose of Role: The Residences Liaison will provide support to the Dir of Residences. She/he will help to document all communication with BMS and owners for future reference.
Provide administrative support for Director of Residences and/or Residence Managers. Document and communicate all requests/complaints to the Director of Residences/Residences Manager. Serve as primary point-of- contact for all Residence owners. Generate and implement newsletters and marketing programs. Attend Board of Directors meetings and put sign in sheet and all pertinent documents in place for the meeting. Prepare Owners’ Manual and schedule the welcome meeting with the Director of Residences. Maintain Owners’ files to The W standards. Maintain accuracy of all legal state statutes and governing documents. Check that meeting notices and agendas are in place and posted on time. Maintain the Board binders. Assist with the Residence owners engagement survey. Notify Residence owners of matters regarding the Association. Maintain a Task Calendar and the operations plan. Collect the maintenance dues and implement in the system. Assist other employees to maintain proper coverage and prompt Residence owners and guest service. Participate in meetings regarding Quality Assurance audit and Operational Excellence. Coordinate Residence owners’ requests regarding move-in/out, vendors, decorators, realtors, etc., including all requirements (e.g. signed service agreement, liability waivers, detailed work order, proof of insurance, certifications, etc.). Prepare letters, memos, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software. Take and distribute meeting minutes to appropriate individuals. Create and maintain computer- and paper- based filing and organization systems for records, reports, documents, etc. Enter and retrieve information contained in computer databases using a keyboard, mouse, or trackball to update records, files, payroll, and answer inquiries. Operate standard office equipment other than computers such as telephone, typewriter, fax, photocopier, calculator, and electronic peripherals. Follow all company policies and procedures, ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Welcome and acknowledge all Residence owners and guests according to company standards, anticipate and address service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank Residence owners and guests with genuine appreciation. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested Page 2 of 5.
- Provide administrative support for Director of Residences and/or Residence Managers.
·Maintain accuracy of all legal state statutes and governing documents.
- Update the Managers guide to Operations Excellence when necessary.
- Open, read, and prepare answers to routine letters.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail distribution, including date stamping and distributing incoming mail (e.g., overnight mail, delivery/messenger services, First Class, Federal Express, UPS, Cablegrams, Telex, Mailgrams, Telegrams, and Voicemail certified, International, and registered).
- Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
· Complete supply requisitions and stock office supplies upon receipt.
- Coordinate floral and other vendor amenity requests with authorized suppliers in accordance with property procedures.
· Perform notary duties as needed, following regulations.
· Attend Board of Directors meetings and put sign in sheet and all pertinent documents in place for the meeting.
· Prepare Residence owners Manual and schedule the welcome meeting with the Director of Residences.
- Assist with the Residence owner’s engagement survey.
· Notify Residence owners of matters regarding the Association.
·Maintain a Task Calendar, the operations plan. ·Collect the maintenance dues and implement in the system
- Document and maintain appointment calendar for Director of Residences and/or Residences Managers.
- Maintain Residence Owners’ files to The W standards,
- Check that meeting notices and agendas are in place and posted on time.
- Maintain the Board binders.
·Maintain accurate trace files and communicate daily traces to Director of Residences and/or Residences Manager.
·Maintain a confidential current management telephone roster and distribute to designated personnel. · Attend designated meetings, including board meetings, take minutes, transcribe and distribute to appropriate individuals.
·Maintain a current manual on all departmental forms and form letters with instructions.
· Record messages and distribute to appropriate staff.
- Create and maintain computer- and paper-based filing and organization systems for records, reports, documents, etc.
- Provide assistance with payroll and scheduling related tasks
- Act as point-of-contact (e.g., greet Residence owners and fulfill needs) and facilitate event experiences (e.g., food and beverages, service needs) throughout the process (pre-event, event, post-event).
- Coordinate and communicate verbally and in writing with customer (internal and external) regarding event details.
- Confirm that event and meetings rooms are arranged according to appropriate documentation (e.g., relevant standard operating procedures) and requirements, including: audio-visual (A/V) equipment inspections, room function inspections prior to each event, logistics for services and meals, and scheduling of staff to maintain coverage.
- Ensure all A/V and/or equipment is secured following the function. Page 3 of 5
Residence Owners Relations
- Address service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
· Welcome and acknowledge each and every Residence owner and guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using names when possible.
- Anticipate service needs, including asking questions to better understand needs and watching/listening to preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
· Actively listen and respond positively to questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust. · Document all requests/complaints and communicate such to appropriate personnel for proper handling. Complete and distribute amenity request forms; follow up on any changes.
·Assist other employees to maintain proper coverage and prompt service.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile I one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
· Speak to Residence owners, guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
· Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Receive persons entering the office by greeting them, determining nature and purpose of their visit, and directing or escorting them to specific destinations.
·Participate in daily line-up!
- Participate in meetings regarding QA audit and Operational Excellence.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
Computers/Software and Office Equipment
- Prepare letters, memos, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Enter and retrieve information contained in computer databases using a keyboard, mouse, or trackball to update records, files, reservation and answer inquiries.
- Operate standard office equipment and transmit information or documents using a computer, telephone, typewriter, fax, photocopier, calculator, and electronic peripherals.
· Coordinate service repairs for office equipment as needed.
Working with Others
- Handle sensitive issues with employees, Residence owners, and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
·Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
· Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
· Participate in the action plans for the Residence owner’s engagement survey.
· Participate in and coordinate departmental meetings.
Policies and Procedures
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
·Protect the privacy and security of Residence owners, guests and coworkers.
· Follow company and department policies and procedures.
· Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.