A.P. Moller - Maersk is on a journey to accelerate the transformation of the various business units into an integrated, customer-centric and technology-enabling company. This transformation process together with selected focus on sustainable (in)organic growth, profitability and technology development evidently requires significant investments, new ways of working and collaboration across the business and functions. Group Treasury & Risk plays a critical role in this journey by preserving, unlocking and creating value for the company. Effective partnering with the business jointly with finance is a key enabler to drive the treasury agenda across the different business units.
To fulfil this ambition, we are looking for a treasury professional who will be located in one of the major hubs in the region. We offer you a unique opportunity to be part of this journey and to be that true treasury partner to serve the business in the future. This role provides an excellent development opportunity to learn more about Maersk’s different businesses and to further develop your Finance and Treasury skills.
Your location will be Dubai and you will work closely with the regional business and functional teams to drive the treasury agenda in the region. You will directly report to the Head of Regional Treasury and have a strong working relationship with the regional CFO’s (in a dotted line). You will also be part of the Global T&R organisation with ca. 70 treasury professionals of 12 nationalities.
As a key link between Group Treasury and the region, the regional treasury manager will manage many interfaces to other functions (tax, legal, commercial, other departments in treasury) with differing priorities and under time pressure. As a consequence, you have the skill and judgement to cut through complexity, provide a clear analysis of the key issues from the various teams and find pragmatic and commercial solutions that balance immediate and strategic business needs with functional requirements and agenda. In finding this balance, the role requires an ability to partner with the business while maintaining functional independence. It also requires an ability to overcome cultural and geographic barriers to establish global processes and best practices, leveraging the global organisation and sharing expertise and learning.
This is a strategic and hands-on position and requires a high level of independency, self-reliance and ability to quickly connect the dots to influence decision making. You will be exposed to senior stakeholders with varying interest including Joint-Ventures that look for an effective treasury professional who can develop fit-for-purpose treasury solutions and represent the business when dealing with external parties e.g. banks, customers or suppliers. At the same time, you will need to work on daily/operational activities for legal entities when executing decisions that have been made e.g. writing and filing a loan agreement, requesting a bank guarantee, supporting bank account opening, etc.
You’ll work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. We believe in individual performance within highly professional teams supported by our distinctive values.
To us teamwork means acceptance, respect, dedication and the idea that we can achieve more when we all pull together.
Living our values means competing in the market place in an ethical way so our name is synonymous with being a credible and valuable business partner. Through Constant Care and Humbleness we strive to prepare for the future, while never forgetting that our customers and competitors are key to our ability to improve. In our daily work Uprightness and Our Employees mean that transparency and accountability in everything we do go hand in hand with being an inspiring, challenging place to work.
- Funding: Identify opportunities to optimise capital structures and work closely with Group Treasury Funding & Markets team on efficient intercompany financing structures;
- Credit support: Provide advise on outgoing and incoming guarantees and support/execute issuance of guarantees under Maersk facility or local issuance in JV’s;
- Cash Management: Drive effective liquidity management in legal entities, reduce trapped cash, promote use of cash pooling and efficient bank account management and form joint task force with Global Cash Management team on cash integration projects;
- Cashflow forecasting and liquidity: Facilitate cashflow forecasting and decisions on working capital, cash utilisation e.g. CFFF in support of defining funding approach, financial risk mgt and to problem solving for trapped and idle cash;
- Risk Management: Identify material FX exposures at legal entity level and develop/implement FX strategy in collaboration with FX SME’s in Group Treasury;
- Investments and M&A: Treasury advise, support and execution of settlements in large investment and M&A projects;
- Treasury advice to Joint Ventures and to shareholder representatives working with JVs;
- Continues improvement: Support the implementation of global treasury solutions and processes e.g. rebanking projects, supply chain financing, Trax implementation;
- Governance: Ensure compliance with treasury policies, principles and other procedures including training of regional and business staff.
We are looking for
- An experienced finance professional with at least 3 years relevant experience in corporate and/or business treasury;
- An academic education, preferably a MSc in Finance or Economics;
- Ability to work independently in a cross-cultural and cross-functional setting and managing multiple responsibilities;
- Self-starter with ability to initiate, progress and bring projects and work to closure;
- Practical mindset, get things done and achieve outstanding results, creating and protecting value for the Group;
- You can quickly take in and process information and draw conclusions in a way that people can understand.
- You don’t mind having many stakeholders and people asking things from you;
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, good commercial acumen and the ability to operate within a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.