Staytus is the leading SaaS digital guest communications provider for luxury hotels worldwide. We’re seeking a PHP Senior Developer to drive the creation of our next generation of mobile and web applications. The role is a superb opportunity for a developer to put the skills to work at the confluence of luxury hospitality, marketing, data, and artificial intelligence. The role is based in Staytus’ Dubai HQ and offers an unusually open, friendly, and globally-minded workplace.
You have a natural empathy for the user, whether it’s the hotel guest or the hotel client. You have extreme visual acumen and your work is both elegant and intelligent. You are energetic and creative yet have unfailing attention to detail. You are a team player and give everything you’ve got to help the team succeed. Your honesty and integrity are among your most cherished personal values. Operating in an Agile environment, the PHP Senior Developer will have strong experience developing software in various back-end frameworks, with a focus on design and build the next generation of game-changing services.
- Write clean, testable, and secure code based on standard web development best practices.
- Build and maintain web and backend applications.
- Responsible for in-house and 3rd party API integration.
- Contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle, working well in a small team and independently with minimal supervision when necessary.
REQUIRED SKILL AND EXPERIENCE
- Good communication skills in English.
- 5+ years of web/backend development experience in PHP.
- Minimum of 3 years of Symfony experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of JS experience.
- Expert in designing and implementing scalable and high-performance RDBMS database architectures.
- Expert in designing and implementing scalable and high-performance REST APIs.
- Knowledge of the Agile Development Methodology.
- Proficient in Git.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL ALSO HAVE
- Automated testing experience.
- Openfire and XMPP experience .
- Laravel experience.
- Can be based in Dubai or remote (subject to remote working requirements).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- PHP: 4 years (Required)
- Symfony: 3 years (Preferred)
- Laravel: 3 years (Preferred)