About The Role
Wesgreen International School is looking for an experienced and highly committed Librarian to support the continued evolution of our students' independent learning skills by facilitating access to appropriate print and online content.
This is an administrative position reporting to the Director of Digital and Innovative Learning and entails the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist students to find books appropriate to their reading level and interest and help students and staff source topic-related books for study.
- Responsible for arrangements for students to borrow library books, keeping records of books borrowed, following up on unreturned books etc.
- Develop reading lists for various age levels.
- Teach younger students about books, their treatment and the library layout including the Dewey Decimal classification system.
- Liaise with Heads of Department to select and prepare annual library order including selection and renewal of subscriptions for periodicals. Place orders and process delivery of new books.
- In collaboration with the Cultural Compliance Committee, ensure that library resources are appropriate for their target audience.
- Computer cataloguing of all books using the Dewey Decimal system if applicable and produce catalogues of books held.
- Responsible for the storage, maintenance and access to the audio-visual library.
- Maintain, update and make available examination material (past papers, syllabi etc.) and college and careers material.
- Responsible for the general maintenance of the library ensuring it is comfortable, well lit, attractive, organised, clearly signposted etc.
We welcome applicants with a minimum of 1 year's experience as a Librarian in a school setting and a Bachelors in Librarianship or Library Science or similar. Our ideal candidate will have the above and be a committed and creative individual with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, and be able to work effectively with students and staff.About GEMS
About Your Benefits
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.About The School
Wesgreen International School was established in 1991 and came under the GEMS family of Schools in 2017. The school follows the National Curriculum for England (NCfE) with over 3500 students based in four separate campuses on one site: Early Years composed of FS1/Pre-KG, FS2/KG1, and Y1/KG2; a co-educational Primary from Grade 1 to Grade 4 (Y2 to Y5); a Boys' Secondary School from Grade 5 to Grade 12 (Y6 to Y13) and a similar Secondary Girls' School.
Accredited by the Council of International Schools, Wesgreen is recognised as a world-class academic institution holding a long history of success within the Sharjah Community. Alumni return to their alma mater as loyal members of the parent body, and many others enjoy successes in some of the best Universities in the World. In a culturally responsive setting, the school inspires excellence and empowers global minds by engaging passionate and qualified international educators. A majority of staff and families enjoy longstanding educational partnerships, which is one of the community's many strengths.About Application Process
If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application. To complete the application you would need the following document(s): Resume/CV Passport-size photograph CV
Important Note : GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment