About Jumeirah And The Hotel
, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues, in a world-class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Our lifestyle brand, Zabeel House takes inspiration from our roots – Dubai. Much like the city where it was created, we too like to push the boundaries to create innovative hotel stays. We are curators of ‘what is good’, and build experiences that people want to share. The Zabeel House has five key brand values.Limitless curiosity
is our commitment to engage the guest in the local neighbourhood through sharing our knowledge of the area with guests to inspire them to explore. Inventiveness
is our commitment to engage with guests with open minds, with ingenuity, with fresh creativity always thinking outside the box. Honesty
reflects our commitment to always be genuine towards our guests; to have conversations, not interactions. Freedom
relates to Zabeel House design and ambiance – we created a brand that is high on design but low on complexity and our design-led spaces are crafted to allow our guests to have the freedom to be who they want to be and stay how they want to stay. Finally, Belonging
reflects how we want our guests to feel - guests who want to live like a local even if just for a day.
Our property, Zabeel House by Jumeirah, The Greens, offers its guests 210 rooms and suites, a co-work space with meeting rooms, a modern gym, rooftop pool and a number of happening restaurant outlets including a multi award winning vibrant Pan-Asian restaurant.About The Role
An opportunity has arisen for a Front Desk Manager to join our Front Office Department in Zabeel House by Jumeirah The Greens. The main purpose of the role is to manage and actively lead the hotel’s Front Office operations, support the day-to-day hotel operations and departments, and ensure the delivery of Service Beyond Expectations in adherence to the company standards.The Main Duties And Responsibilities Of This Role
- Ensure that all services offered in the Front Office are always available and are carried out with the utmost efficiency and courtesy to effectively handle and resolve any guest problems or complaints as per the guidelines established and documented in the Rooms Operations Manual.
- Undertake duty management shifts as required, including night shifts, and assume responsibility in the absence of senior management in all matters concerning the safety, security and well-being of hotel guests to effectively handle and resolve any guest issue and maintain operations at the required quality level.
- Maintain knowledge of credit policies and procedures and liaise closely with Finance Department to ensure that credit procedures are properly carried out from the Front Office.
- Assist the sales team in controlling peak periods, resolving conflicts in bookings, changing dates and facilities for guests/groups to support the satisfaction of client needs according to the standards and processes of the Company.
- Plan and implement effective up-selling activities to support the maximum room revenue through effective rate management.
- Review expected arrival rooms to ensure that rooms are arranged as per the preference of each guest and amenities placed prior to the guest arrival.
- Liaise closely with all relevant Departments with regard to servicing and handling of incoming groups, while meet and welcome regular and VIP guests in accordance with Company and the Hotel Guest Recognition Programmes and protocol.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Front Office providing guidance, encouraging teamwork and facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards and liaise with internal and external parties at the appropriate levels to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant Health, Safety and Environment management procedures and controls within a defined area of activity so that Company provides world class and luxurious hospitality services to its guests.
- Recommend some improvements to the Front Office policy, implement approved departmental policies, processes and procedures, and provide instructions to subordinates and monitor their adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner while delivering a quality service to guests and maintaining standards of excellence.
- Motivate subordinates and contribute to the identification of opportunities for participating in change initiatives, programmes and projects taking into account best practices, improvement of processes and productivity improvement.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:Essential
About The Benefits
- Bachelor’s degree of Hospitality Management or relevant field from an accredited and renowned University.
- 5 to 8 years of experience within the international hospitality industry; 2 years of which in a Front Office Management position in a lifestyle, boutique, 4–5-star hotel.
- Experience in working with a culturally diverse workforce.
- Strong experience with property management systems.
- Ability to resolve guest complaints/issues in a calm and professional manner.
- High level of customer service and anticipating to customer needs.
- Very good knowledge of hospitality operations and processes
- Very good command of speaking, reading, and writing English language.
- Computer literacy and very good MS Office skills.
- Operational Excellence: Delivering Excellence / Influencing & Communication
- Personal Attributes: Flexibility and Adaptability / Understanding people
- Leadership Talent / High performance teamwork and co-operation
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which include; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.Primary Location
United Arab Emirates (AE)-Dubai-DubaiJob
Zabeel House The Greens [ZHTG]Job Posting
Apr 21, 2021, 1:38:03 AM