An Exhilarating Opportunity
Looking to be a part of an award-winning team that leads at the forefront of F&B innovation? We have the perfect opportunity currently available for a dynamic personality focused on delivering first-of-its-class F&B services at FIVE Hotels and Resorts, dare-to-be-different destinations that captures the glamour and vibe of Dubai.
Dubbed the hottest hotel on Palm Jumeirah, FIVE Palm Jumeirah is set against a breathtaking backdrop of the beach and Dubai Marina skyline, this lifestyle hotel boasts 470 luxurious rooms and suites with ocean or city views.
The resort is a party and culinary hot spot with a range of restaurants, bars, and a nightclub, inviting a new experience every day. Whether you are looking for a gourmet dining experience or want to dance the night away, our resort creates laid back or high energy choices from breakfast to the early hours as you design your stay.
Design your vibe at FIVE Jumeirah Village, a glorious city chic hotel that captures the pulsating excitement of new Dubai.
Visitors curate their own high-rise private pool celebrations, sunbath in style or enjoy a special dinner overlooking the world-famous sparkling Dubai skyline. Our sky villas were designed with more than sleep in mind as FIVE Jumeirah Village flawlessly combines a myriad of entertainment options, a culinary smorgasbord and first-rate guest services – after all, FIVE knows how to throw an exceptionally good party!
"This is unashamedly about luxury," - Daily Mail.
And opening soon: FIVE Zurich!
A sneak peek of this exciting new project, which opens in 2021, reveals that this newly revamped lifestyle hotel that has been previously been visited by Rihanna, Freddy Mercury, Grace Jones and Muhammad Ali overlooks the city center from Zurich’s stunning Uetliberg plateau and will offer 87 stunning contemporary suites as well as several award-winning culinary concepts centered around FIVE’s hallmark musical stylings. The new FIVE hotel in Zurich will seamlessly unite the very best of Swiss hospitality with FIVE’s characteristic flair for an exceptionally indulgent experience for guests from the city and international visitors alike.
Our Food & Beverage Service Team is the final piece of the puzzle, they are cultured yet trendy hosts with an innate ability to anticipate guests’ needs by being in the right place at the right time and delivering a hospitality experience that goes above and beyond - crafting exciting memories for our guests that last a lifetime.
As Assistant Director of Food & Beverage you will join a committed Food & Beverage team, over 17 varied venues, driven with the intent of delivering ‘FIVE-star’ guest experiences to an international diaspora in the heart of vibrant Dubai.
The VIBE at FIVE is all about performing optimally while having the best professional experience of your life – you will have a lust for your role, will disrupt norms and have the best time of your life - as a world of opportunity awaits you with each guest!
As our ideal candidate, you have proven F&B experience in a highly active environment. Your organisational, communication, and leadership skills are second to none and you enjoy developing guest solutions that push groundbreaking boundaries.
An outgoing, people-friendly personality with an ability to think on your feet during changing situations is also essential.
You’ll work closely with the management team to develop constantly evolving service goals.Key Responsibilities
- To supervise and coordinate all aspects of the Food and Beverage Operations
- To ensure continued stability within the service delivery of existing operations, maintain the highest levels of service excellence and drive rapid, control operating expenses, train and develop all colleagues
- Planning and implementing F&B related programs, policies and procedures to ensure that FIVE standards are met
- Co-ordination of special promotions and provision of necessary administrative support
- Participation in Public Relations activities, Sales calls or other promotional activities designed at enhancing the image and profitability of FIVE
- Carries out all assignments and instructions delegated by higher management of FIVE, ensuring that all FIVE Policies and Procedures and standards are adhered to implicitly
- Meet and interacts with representatives of the local community and potential guests, as required
- Make recommendations to Management for the modernisation of equipment, service methods, presentation and improved guest satisfaction. To assist in any of the outlets when necessary
- Participate in the preparation of the Annual Business Plan and Sales and Marketing Plans
- Closely monitor the profitability of all Food and Beverage outlets. Provide solutions to improve problem areas and assist in implementing corrective measures, ensuring that each outlet is individually profitable
- Assist in the development of ideas and the increased departmental sales of Food and Beverage in order to improve productivity
- Contribute to the preparation of the SBU budget and monitor the financial performance of the F&B outlet(s) versus the budget so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon
- Plan, direct and monitor services and F&B standards in all outlets and kitchens ensuring that managers take corrective actions as necessary in adherence to FIVE’s policies and standards
- Monitor the activities and trends of competitor hotels, restaurants and bars and identify and act on opportunities to modernise all equipment, service methods, and product presentation so that guest satisfaction is improved on continuously and that the competitive advantage of FIVE is sustained
- Ensure all F&B employees adhere to FIVE’s uniform and grooming standards, and that FIVE’s hygiene standards are relentlessly enforced in order to demonstrate a professional image consistent with the Vibe at FIVE
What We’re Looking For
- Hands-on approach and flexibility with a ‘can-do’ work attitude
- Commitment to delivering exceptional F&B services with a passion
- 3 years’ experience in senior F&B management roles in luxury lifestyle destinations
- Skill base to drive a highly dynamic operation with a diversity of 10-12 units at any one time
- Able to manage large and diverse operations
- Creativity and innovation in F&B concepts and operations
- Demonstrable achievements in improving customer satisfaction and profitability
- Ability to find creative solutions while taking ownership for all duties and tasks assigned
Rewards At Work! Benefits For Life!
- Live the exciting FIVE Life
- Attractive incentive schemes
- Rapid career advancement
- Team-spirited colleagues