Status: Resident, Permanent
Note: ONLY THOSE WITH EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH OIL PRODUCERS AND OIL AND GAS CONTRACTORS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Ensure maximum value is derived from purchase expenditure, ensuring continuity of supply while minimizing inventory investment
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years purchasing and expediting experience in the oil and gas operations or similar industry.
- Experience handling high value complex procurement agreements.
- Working experience with Oracle or similar major Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Firm negotiator with an excellent knowledge of vendor market.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite; Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Assist the Team Lead in managing the procurement group by mentoring and offering assistance and providing technical/commercial advice and direction to assist them in carrying out their work activities.
- Guide the user departments’ for compliance with approved sourcing policies, Delegation of Authority Matrix, business engagement and Code of Business Conduct.
- Process approved requisitions from user departments for the purchase of materials and equipment by placing orders with approved vendors within the local and international market. Maximise value and optimise saving by coordinating alternate sourcing of material, product evaluation, lifecycle costing, competitive bidding and price negotiations with suppliers.
- Ensure the uninterrupted supply of materials and equipment to Production and Engineering in coordination with Logistics Personnel and ensure the timely delivery of materials and equipment through forward planning, knowledge of lead times, market conditions and by expediting materials.
- Provide full support to the material expeditor as well as ensure quality requirements are met by adherence to company specifications and internationally recognized engineering codes and standards.
- Resolve disputes arising with vendors concerning quality, price or delivery problems and handle claims and counter claims as they arise. Conduct all commercial transactions on the highest ethical standards and in accordance with good business practice and knowledge of commercial law.
- Prepare and update the Sourcing Strategy and Contract Plan (SSCP) to ensure preparation for upcoming projects and activities to maximize impact on front end loading process.
- Negotiate and conclude various special assignments with vendors such as price agreement, consignment and convergence alliance agreements in the most timely, cost effective and ethical manner.
Application Deadline: 30/04/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- purchasing/procurement in oil and gas: 10 years (Preferred)