Group Finance Manager
The Victoria International Schools of Sharjah (VISS-Group) is a preeminent Group of schools that started in the Emirate of Sharjah in 2007. The VISS-Group is owned by the Government of Sharjah but operates as a private entity through an Amiri Decree issued by His Highness Dr Sheikh Sultan al Qassimi, Ruler of Sharjah. The Schools of the VISS-Group offer an Australian Curriculum and the IB World School Diploma program. The Group is currently expanding and is developing additional campuses in the Emirate’s Central Region, the city of Khorfakkan, and the city of Kalba.
The Group Finance Manager shall be instrumental in supporting the growth of the VISS-Group and its expansion activities. Reporting directly to the Chairman of the VISS Group and working with key stakeholders both within the Group and external bodies, the Finance Manager shall be responsible for ensuring the quality and accuracy of financial reporting, and management of the Group’s Finance Department The Financial Manager shall:
· Be responsible for efforts, processes, effectiveness, and results and success of the School’s finance department.
· Lead, drive and manage the Finance functions and administration of accounting, reporting and provision of insights, budgeting, and the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the Groups finance department.
· Work closely with the accountants at the campuses of the Group to ensure efficiency and consistency across the Group and to implement financial processes and controls within the campuses, and the Central Finance office, to ensure best practices.
· Conduct timely visits to the different campuses to guide and ensure the smooth execution of the financial tasks and operations
· Support, guide and motivate others to develop a cohesive and effective accounting team in the educational domain.
· Ensure the accuracy, integrity, and timely submission of all financial reports.
· Provide financial advice and support to all stakeholders
· Manage the VAT and the exemptions relating to education sector.
· Manage the reporting of the Group’s staff benefits and allowances; etc. all concerned.
· Manage the direct billing with external and third party companies and entities.
· Coordinate and Liaise with external auditors to ensure that audits are properly planned, carried out and that financial reports are prepared to meet expectations
· Carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the Group’s Chairman
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- A chartered/CPA accountant with a minimum of ten years working experience preferably in an educational organization with multiple branches
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance from a well-recognized university.
- Leadership and managerial experience in the financial domain.
- Self-motivated Team Player with drive to achieve set goals.
- Demonstrated ability in Planning, coordinating and motivating staff in the finance domain
- Excellent communication skills and tactful management of financial situations with parents of students and other stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and preferably Arabic.