About the Role
As a member of SSF R2R team, the Senior Accountant will support the Finance Manager in monthly and yearly preparation of journal entries and reconciliation of GL accounts to ensure data accuracy for all Electronics entities.
About the Responsibilities
General Ledger reconciliations & Schedule Review:
- Reconciliation of GL Accounts, preparing ‘action-triggering’ schedules and taking timely action to resolve any issues.
- Monthly reviews of General Ledger /trend analysis, process improvement, streamline process across companies.
- Providing analysis and reports related to open line item in General ledger and taking required action to clear.
- Standardization of accounting schedules and implement quality review process.
- Continuous improvement of GL review process for early warning signals
- Gathering of all information related to BS from concerned stakeholders to ensure proper reconciliation of GL accounts.
- Tracking and analysis of monthly GL accounts against budget and alignment/highlighting any significant variances to corresponding business. This includes follow up and clearing pending items in the balance sheet.
Facilitate Monthly / Yearly books closing and Business Support:
- Ensure timelines on preparation of financials are met and take ownership
- Preparing the checklist and ensuring compliance that includes ICM recurring provision, accruals of missing expenses, prepaid adjustment entries, prepaid amortization and reconciliation entries.
- Validating amortization and provision entries are as per schedule and within budget to ensure effective accounting process is followed.
- Recognizing monthly entries that requires be transferring and reclassifying. Perform transfer entries and reclassification entries on all assigned businesses.
- Preparation & circulation of monthly intercompany loan reconciliation
- Ensure PAF entries are posted on timely basis to support business operation.
- Providing support in weekly stock forecast and monthly / yearly closing of books. Passing of month end stock provision entries after comprehensive review and confirmation by business.
- Monthly reconciliation and submission of actuals in BPC within GF cutoff date which includes posting of adjustment entries if required.
- Co-ordinate with external auditors and ensure timely response, documentation and information
Intercompany and Intercompany:
- Review of ICM to ensure ICM team has accepted the regular charges (Warehouse rent, D&W, Warranty, Security charges. MDE charges, EIT, Visa, Emiratization & Training Levy)
- Highlight issues around elimination of transactions
- Ensure fixing of process to avoid such issues in future
About the Requirements
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
Graduate/ACCA/CMA (or similar qualification)
Minimum Experience: 5-7 years of similar experience, with good accounting knowledge and ERP systems.
Good accounting (IFRS) knowledge, analytical, process oriented, well organised, with excellent communication skills, a team player.
Should possess a good knowledge of excel and have prior experience in working with large databases, presentation skills, exposure to ERP. (Preferably SAP) and SAP BW/ BPC