Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is looking to expand its local delivery capabilities in the UAE to address a growing portfolio of projects, which will offer an excellent opportunity for the successful applicant.
Wood in Abu Dhabi is looking to hire an experienced Senior Project Engineer / Deputy Project Manager to lead the delivery of major FEED projects for clients in the Oil and Gas sector.
The successful candidate shall have a track record in successfully delivering FEED and EPC / EPCm projects for the upstream offshore and onshore sectors, and is recognised as a leader in this field. Experience in the delivery of projects for the downstream sector will be advantageous.
Create delivery excellence across assigned project/portfolio, provide certainty and confidence to the client/project sponsor, and robust control of project scope, schedule, cost and risk.
Specifies and coordinates the implementation of a large or complex project or portfolio of small to medium sized projects. This includes responsibility for safe delivery, ensuring that quality, schedule, and cost/budget targets are met and for managing the associated risk. Responsible for delivery of project to agreed specifications, for managing change and client relationships, and ensuring appropriate reporting and governance is in place.
- P & L responsibility with associated commercial and financial accountability including revenue delivery, margin and overhead management, budget and forecast determination and attainment, risk and opportunity reviews, cost controls, accounts payable/billing and cash collection
- Contributes to and reviews the project proposal and plan to determine timeframe, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project. Contributes to setting project evaluation parameters.
- Negotiates changes to project scope or specification with the customer. Follows Change Management process to identify and approve modifications to scope, cost, schedule and quality.
- Pursue and develop opportunities for innovation, such as digitalisation and technology use, work share and high value engineering centres, to bring value to Wood and customer
- Establishes project procedures and leads production of project execution plan including the scope of work, deliverables list, master schedule, budget, org charts, risk register
- Regularly reports project progress to senior management and/or the customer.
- Reponsible for delivery of agreed schedule and financial performance, proactively intervening to avoid slippage
- Ensures competence of project team members to carry out assigned work
- Leads ongoing focus on risk identification and mitigation during project execution
- Responsible for the project HSSE leadership, ensures a program of initiatives and auditing schedule are established and that HSSE and quality management issues are proactively addressed
- Guides and directs a multidiscipline project team, which may include external specialists and involve staff from multiple offices and sites
- Responsible for ensuring project team members are competent to carry out assigned duties
- Promotes and sets up performance improvement culture and actions on complex projects and into their supply chains.
- Facilitates the set up of information management systems / applications as applicable to suit various life phases of projects and manage information management project team
- Participate in assurance activities and peer reviews
Skills / Qualifications
- University degree in relevant discipline
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Associate in Project Management (APM) or equivalent certification is preferred
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Typically requires 7-10 years of pertinent experience including minimum 4 years project management experience, mastering their area and knowledgeable about impacts on other areas.
- Strong technical skill as relevant to the project scope(s)
- Good level of experience in the related field, industry, and locations of the work
- Proven project management experience as well as a good understanding of business issues
- In-depth understanding of project goals, drivers and strategies
- Proven track record of effectively managing complex projects
- Knowledge of work flow management, established policies for engineering ownership, globalization of projects and request for tender process
- Detailed knowledge and experience of stakeholder and requirements management
- Knowledgeable about how multi-phase project budgets, including risk contingencies, are assembled
- Skilled Practitioner in Risk Management processes, well versed in how risks are transposed into cost, time and contingency estimates and forecasts
- Advanced knowledge of various forms of contracts across many types of goods and services.
- Able to create new appropriate contracting frameworks and negotiate to successful conclusion.
- Able to manage project start-up, produce and communicate the project execution plan
- Knowledge of project performance improvement activities and how to implement them on projects
- Knowledge of supplier categorisation able to devise appropriate commercial acquisition strategies
- Advanced knowledge of schedule risk analysis and incorporating results in the base plan
- Understands how changes influence performance and how they should be recorded and managed in different situations. Some knowledge of techniques for recovering poor performance.
- Understanding of the value and timing of changes and their impact on project performance. Can evaluate changes to propose possible other routes for timing of changes.
- Understands the needs of information management requirements in the project phases (operation), internal (contractual, statutory) and asset (client) documentation.
- Good knowledge of archiving and close-out requirements, their purpose and value (including legal requirements). Able to negotiate appropriate close-out terms with all key stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively manage resources (personnel, equipment, materials etc)
- Good understanding of Cash Flow management as well as projection/forecast of cost at completion
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.