About the RoleVision and Strategic Direction:
Model and encourage a culture of kindness in support of the GEMS/GWA core values and uphold the mission and ethos of the Academy as a non-selective, international and academically successful school through the lens of the International Baccalaureate Organisation
Develop inquiring, reflective and caring learners who, through the rigour of the IB programmes, have the knowledge, skills and character to take action and create a better, more peaceful worldJob Purpose:
The Data Officer is to support the Data Manager in ensuring all school & student information systems (MIS), applications and testing platforms hold accurate and up-to-date records on students, staff & parents.
With the Data Manager, the post-holder will (i) share responsibility for all the policies, decision-making processes and strategic planning involved in the area of responsibility (ii) realise the ethos of an IB learning organisation with high expectations of students and staff, and a positive approach to internationalism, entrepreneurialism and innovation;
To maximise achievement of students through high quality:
- Administration, organisation and support of systems related to attendance, admissions and student data in accordance with latest regulations, procedures and deadlines laid down by external organisations such as the KHDA and MOE.
- Proactive facilitation of the use of data services by all staff.
- Assurance that all relevant attendance, admission and student data is available and up to date on the school management information system (MIS).
- Support to the Data Manager where necessary with examinations and assessment data.
To research and keep up-to-date with changes to Data Management policy and practice.
- To share responsibility for all the policies and decision-making involving the data management team, making recommendations on updates as required.
- Create, implement, and maintain data structures in a range of student information systems relating to attendance, admissions and reporting information within iSAMS, ManageBac, Seesaw, MAPS (NWEA), CAT4 (GL) and new tools as they become available.
- Ensure up-to-date student/parent information systems are maintained to support the goals of the schools and its cohort by effectively identifying gaps in the dataset, making swift recommendations for corrections.
- Support Divisional Secretaries in relation to student absences and make referrals directed by Data Manager and members of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Support with all aspects of internal and external examinations data as required.
- Support Data Manager in developing systems for the data management team for efficient, timely and frequent collection of students' data into the Academy's data management systems.
- To disseminate information about data management to students and their parents through effective communications.
- Produce attendance and admissions reports for use by the Academy and respond to data requests from the Data Manager, members of the Senior Leadership Team and wider support as needed.
- Delivery of timely and reliable information in accordance with agreed Academy plans and schedules, including any appropriate reports.
- To attend training in the use of the Academy's data and deliver data management training relevant to staff.
- To support the staff with the management of student data ensuring that information is robust and meets the needs of the Academy.
- To manage examination deadlines and liaise with staff as appropriate.
- Regular reporting to the Data Manager with updates, concerns and issues related to the use of the Academy's data.
- To establish community and parental confidence in the area of data through the accurate management of data and effective processes to ensure quality and maintain assurance.
- Provide a professional and customer focused service for staff, students and parents/carers in relation to all queries, issues and data to support achievement and progress of students in the most effective way possible.
- Produce student information for and contribute to the organisation of Parent-Teacher Conferences, Coffee Mornings, Parents' Evenings, Students Reports and Curriculum awareness events.
- Be aware of and comply with Academy policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to the Data Manager.
- To contribute to the Academy ethos, aims and development/improvement plan.
About Your BenefitsBenefits:
- To undertake any other duties within the Data Management team as directed by the Data Manager.
- Undertake personal development through training and other learning activities including performance management as required.
- Recognise your own strengths and areas of expertise and use these to advise and support others.
- Agile approach to work, recognising that the priorities of the organisation are dynamic.
- Suggest, and deliver, improvements in current processes and procedures across the data & IT sphere as they are identified.
- Be a positive role model for students in dress and conduct within the Academy.
- Effectively plan for regular scheduled updates to the dataset throughout the year to support key events i.e. reports, regulatory reporting requirements.
- Ensure data quality and completeness to facilitate effective communications with students/parents, teachers and admin staff.
Competitive remuneration package depending on experience and qualifications, 52 calendar days annual leave, tuition fee and transportation concessions, visa, medical, end of service and other benefits in line with the UAE Labour Law. About GEMS
Trusted for over 60 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 170,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division. About the School
The International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes are at the heart of GEMS World Academy and are internationally renowned as rigorous and challenging courses in which students develop rapidly both personally and academically. The IB Programme is widely considered the gold standard of education, and GEMS World Academy is looking for talented and innovative individuals to join our highly successful team of over 136 teachers, 80 teaching assistants and 44 administrative and support staff and to contribute to the already successful outcomes for our community. GEMS World Academy-Dubai (GWA) is a private, co-educational IB World School for PreK to Grade 12 students. Established in 2008 as a member of GEMS Education, the Academy is authorised to deliver the PYP, MYP, DP and CP programmes, and is also accredited by the Council of International Schools and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). We serve a multi-ethnic community in the heart of Dubai. Our ethos is grounded in the IB Learner Profile; we encourage intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and foster a real sense of communal endeavour. The Academy has gained national and international recognition for its work to improve outcomes for students, as well as its aspirational and inclusive vision. As a member of the GWA community you will have the opportunity to shape the future of the Academy whilst working alongside an exceptionally talented group of teachers and leaders.
For further details about GEMS World Academy, Dubai please visit: https://www.gemsworldacademy-dubai.com
To learn more please visit http://www.gemsworldacademy-dubai.com/ About Application Process
If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application. In line with the UAE's Emiratisation goals, GEMS welcomes and encourages applications from UAE nationals to join our fast-growing team. To complete the application you would need the following document(s):
2. Passport-size photograph
Important Note : GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment. Similar Jobs
Executive Secretary to Principal
Science Lab Assistant
Data and Exams Manager
Head of Admission and Registrar September 2022
Librarian - Maternity Cover
Manager - School Operations