Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 10 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids’ Club.
Assistant Concierge Manager
As an Assistant Concierge Manager with us, your role is to execute the Service Promise to our Guests through the proper training provided and the Brands’ Service Essentials. In order to deliver on this promise, it all starts with the right attitude and a smile. Your role is to make what seems to be impossible and unusual happen!
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Overlook the daily operations of the whole Concierge department.
- Coach, lead, guide and direct the efforts of the team of Concierge Agents.
- Approve and adjust schedules as required based on business volume forecasts.
- Provide feedback, seizes training and coaching opportunities with Colleagues.
- Support training initiatives and provides a training role as required.
- Ensure everyone in the team is knowledgeable about hotel facilities, updated on activities, promotions and happenings in the hotel/city and be able to provide accurate information to guests.
- Act as an ambassador of the hotel and provide assistance to variety of requests. Expected to make what seem to be impossible and unusual happen.
- Maintain a network of service providers for the efficient conduct in coordinating guest requirements.
- Ensure availability of printed materials such as brochures of local attractions, sister hotels, restaurants, city maps, etc. which may be handed over to guests.
- Manage the facilitation of guest request relating to dining activities (both inside and outside of hotel), shows, recreation, tours, transport, florists, doctor, dentist, child care and any other services which are not available at the hotel.
- Respond to queries positively.
- Follow through all endorsements at the concierge and ensure completion.
- Ensure that all luggage, messages, parcels, etc. are handled, delivered, retrieved or stored efficiently.
- Be transparent and responsible on matters involving finances.
- Maintain absolute integrity and trustworthiness in the team.
- Adhere to the established financial guidelines and control all costs.
- Manage the daily documentation/recording of bills particularly filing of receipts.
- Manage all activities relating to Concierge and ensure that all transactions are performed in the best interest of the company.
- Monitor responsible use of all available systems and equipment in the hotel.
- Promotes and follows a safe work environment.
- Promotes and leads a service driven, results driven work environment.
- Follows departmental SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) including all safety policies
- Promote all hotel services, offers and facilities and their operating hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Passion for guest service
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Fluency in English, secondary language preferred.
- Member of Les Cles D’Or is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year previous proven Supervisory position or equivalent in a customer service industry.
- Must have the ability to handle a multitude of tasks and Guest requests.
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment (Word, Ex