- About the Role
We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate educators to join our team at GEMS Westminster School, Sharjah. This is a requirement for the upcoming academic year.
The successful applicants will have the following:
- A Master's degree in Psychology (distance or open university degrees are not accepted)
- A certified teaching qualification, such as B.Ed. would be advantageous (distance or open university degrees are not accepted)
- 2+ years of teaching experience (IGCSE curriculum experience is preferred)
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
- The desire to provide outstanding teaching and learning
- Excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills to work closely with students and parents
- The aspiration to work in a world-class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
- About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax-free salary, fee benefits, medical insurance, airfares to country of residence, and end of service gratuity. GEMS employees also have free access to our loyalty app GEMS rewards www.gemsrewards.com which provides significant savings on day-to-day life in the UAE.
- About GEMS
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.
- About the School
GEMS Westminster School, Sharjah is a highly successful international sister school to The Westminster School, Dubai and GEMS Westminster School, RAK. The GEMS Westminster School, Sharjah opened in 2012 and follows the internationally recognized British Curriculum. The school prepares students to take the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), Advanced Subsidiary (AS) Level and A Level Examinations of the Universities of Cambridge and London (UK). We currently cater to KG1 (FS2) to Grade 12 (Year 13) and from September 2021, Pre-KG (FS1) to Grade 12 (Year 13).
- About Application Process
- If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application. To complete the application you would need the following document(s):
2. Passport-size photograph
Important Note : GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.