On behalf of Expo 2020 and Her Excellency, the Events & Entertainment team will be responsible for the delivery of the Expo 2020 Opening and Closing Ceremonies; programming & productions in Al Wasl Plaza and across the entire Expo site.
The Creative Producer will work very closely with the Executive Creative Director, and the Ceremonies & Programming Director to produce a world class Events & Entertainment Programme for Expo 2020. The role will require close working relationships with a range of contractors, the Events and Entertainment Creative, Programming, Technical, Production & Operations Teams and other Expo 2020 Functional Areas.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensure the integrity of the creative process and alignment with the EVE creative strategy, to achieve the best possible Events & Entertainment Program;
- Liaise extensively with the EVE team, consultants and production contractors in order to ensure a world class delivery of Programs in line with Expo’s creative strategy;
- Work closely with the Executive Creative Director and Ceremonies & Programming Directors to realize the creative which can be accommodated with the overall budget;
- Manage and liaise with all contributing parties including designers, production companies, broadcasters, partners, internal Events and Entertainment Creative, Programming, Technical, Production & Operations Teams and other Expo 2020 Functional Areas;
- Lead the creative production of key in-house projects and manage issues which arise and lead processes and planning frameworks to ensure effective and efficient management of the creative & programming approvals, including the required internal and external stakeholder management;
- Together with the Executive Creative Director and Ceremonies & Programming Director, ensure a consistent quality control process is maintained to ensure the creative & quality of creative content is upheld across all Events and Entertainment Stages and Performances Spaces;
- Be the central point of contact and communications to facilitate the day to day coordination of the wider Creative & Programming teams through initial creative concepts to refinement to final approvals for delivery;
- Act as the conduit to the Executive Creative Director to ensure a seamless and timely review of creative submissions for approval, manage and maintain internal Creative Department schedules to ensure all projects are being delivered within appropriate timelines.
8+ years of experience in the producing creative, entertainment and cultural activities from inception through delivery , as well as:
- A Bachelor's degree within a relevant field;
- Extensive experience in managing agencies and cultural sector organizations, keeping to project time lines and achieving designated milestones;
- Significant experience in delivering large, complex programmes of work;
- Ability to manage, direct and coordinate a wide range of people at differing levels of authority;
- Ability to develop positive relationships among internal and external stakeholders, peers and senior management;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and ability to lead a team that supports several internal departments on key issues;
- Displays the highest levels of integrity and commitment;
- Excellent negotiating, communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal).