Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Arab Emirates, AE-DU, Dubai
Hotel: InterContinental - Dubai - Festival City (DXBHB)
Job number: EMEAA20884
Do you see yourself as a Cluster Talent Resourcing Officer for InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City?
What's your passion? Whether you're into triathlon, exploring new restaurants or dancing the tango, at IHG we're interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies. Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
Your day to day
The primary responsibility of this role is to support the Cluster Talent Resourcing Specialist in aligning and ensuring proper implementation of the resourcing policies and procedures to create the right environment and deliver the IHG commitment of providing “Room to Be Yourself” and to create the right environment in which our colleagues can experience “Room to have a Great Start”. The Cluster Talent Resourcing Officer will be involved in all general People & Culture activities to support and contribute to the overall success of the Human Resources strategy to deliver “True Hospitality for Good”.
The key responsibilities are:
- As a Cluster Talent Resourcing Officer, you will be Responsible for full cycle of recruitment of candidates. You will be reporting to the Section Head.
- Ensure adequate support, coaching, direction and motivation is provided to the team, for optimized performance.
- Actively administers posting of all vacancies through the IHG myRecruit website (powered by Lumesse).
- Updates all job postings and correspondences and ensures online and jobs boards’ postings are consistent to IHG standards and guidelines.
- Supports the Cluster Director of Talent & People Development. in managing recruitment processes from approving vacancies, posting positions, sourcing candidates, job offers, reference checks, contracts preparation, visa application, pre-employment and onboarding process.
- Manages and prepares the recruitment trackers and reports by actively updating current status of vacancies and in-process candidates to the Managers, Head of Departments and Executive Committee.
- Maintains the internal application processes, promotion, transfers and change of status notices.
- Supports the Talent Resourcing Team on recruitment activities such as Careers Open Day and coordinates with local and international recruitment agencies regularly to maintain a healthy pool of talents.
- Ambassador of all People & Culture activities to support and to contribute in the overall success of the Department.
- Maintain a healthy professional relationship with the hiring managers and keep them up to date by maintaining a proactive approach to resourcing, identifying challenges and providing resourcing solutions.
- Ensures that we deliver the best Guest Experience to our candidates throughout the recruitment cycle. Responsible in positively impacting “Room to have a great start” for all new colleagues.
- Ensuring the Arrival List is updated at all times with the details of all new joiners including allocated accommodation details.
- Responsible for implementing the Candidate Care processes to ensure both external candidates and employees experience the IHG Commitment, “Room to be yourself”.
- Performs all additional tasks as directed by the People & Culture management team.
- Ensuring all ad-hoc inquiries related to People & Culture processes are managed efficiently.
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following qualifications and experience we're looking for:
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years professional experience as part of a resourcing team in a comparable capacity.
- Minimum academic requirements – Bachelors Degree/Diploma within Business/HR/Hospitality
- Competency in the use of an online recruitment system
- Competency-based Interviewing Skills Certification
- Strong English communication skills including a high level of impact and influence
- System and data analysis skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Demonstrate strong competency in Microsoft office and e mail platforms
- Advanced experience of human resource information systems.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG® family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.