A Finance Manager will support Director of Finance, lead the department and associated operations such that account management, reporting, and interdepartmental and vendor relations are managed to optimise the hotels profitability.
What will I be doing?
As Finance Manager, you will support Director of Finance, lead the department and associated operations such that account management, reporting, and interdepartmental and vendor relations are managed to optimise the hotels profitability. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure that Finance teams are providing month end closing and all other required management reports
- Work with the Director of Finance to provide full and accurate forecasting and budgeting proposals within the hotel
- Prepare capital reviews as required by the Director of Finance or Accounting and Finance Departments
- Develop best practice financial accounting and control procedures and continually review the process and procedures to maximise impact and efficiency
- Ensure the balance sheets are a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities of the hotels
- Comply with hotel/company policies and procedures across the area, maximising performance on the Finance Balanced Scorecard
- Review the balance sheets, ensure reconciliations are performed
- Assist Heads of the Department to improve their financial awareness and provide them with relevant financial information for their operations
What are we looking for?
A Finance Manager serving Waldorf Astoria brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Relevant degree, in Finance or related business discipline, from an academic institution
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience in Propplan and Sun Systems are a must
- Organisation, planning skills and the ability to prioritise
- Rigorous commitment to accuracy and detail
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Effective management skills (upwards and downwards) and the willingness to coach and train others
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of commercial business, specially as it relates to hotel management
- Previous experience in the luxury hospitality industry
- Experience with the hotel systems
* What will it be like to work for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?*
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalised attention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singular experience. If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may just be the person we are looking for!
Title: Finance Manager - Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah
Requisition ID: HOT07PKC