|Posted date||3 November 2019|
|Location||UAE - – Sharjah|
Business Unit: Retail Banking
Job ID: 178
- To Fulfil the customer requirements over the cash counter by; Receiving cash, cheques, Transfer between customer’s accounts, In-house clearing, outward clearing, Issuing manager cheques, collecting charges for retail customers.
- Process all counter transactions accurately / swiftly and insuring that all activities is being done during working hours adhered to the bank’s policy and standard operation procedures.
- Cross Sell & Refer the high profiled & wealth customers to the CRO for further cross selling of bank products.
- To carry out a range of counter banking transactions ensuring 100% accuracy in receipts and payments.
- At the end of each day’s transactions all tills must be accurately balanced and any discrepancies highlighted to the Teller Supervisor and investigated that same day.
- To ensure full knowledge and compliance with the Central Bank’s AML Regulations and with immediate reporting to the Teller Supervisor of any grounds for suspicion, including suspected frauds and counterfeits.
- Respond to internal and external customers promptly and courteously always providing adequate clarification on the information being given.
- Provide continuous feedback and seek guidance and assistance and approval from direct supervisor on any irregular / or suspicious transaction.
- Upon request provide on-the-job training to colleagues.
- Undertake other duties at similar level when required.
- Immediate escalation to the branch Supervisor or the Manager Customer Relationship (MCR) of any breach, risk or loss event suspected.
- To keep abreast with Central Bank Regulations with regard to counter transactions.
- Cross sells the customers / introduces the bank products and services while performing the transactions as well as handing over the brochures and refer the customers to the OCR for further cross selling.
A general commentary of any aspects of the job that do not fit logically in the other sections e.g. current projects, operating context/environment
- Processing all counter transaction accurately and with Zero errors as well as delivering the best service to the customers as per bank standard service and cross sell bank products.
Define the nature of policy/procedure/instruction constraints and the nature of reporting relationships with the boss as well as any relevant financial sign-off authorities.
- Up to AED 50k for both Deposits & Withdrawals
Minimum High School
Experience and Skills
- Counter related functions - Knowledge and skill to identify forged currency notes
- Cash management - Good interpersonal skills
- Clearing & Collection - Good communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a teller cash transaction role.
Change and Innovation - Basic
Communication - Basic
Evaluating and Solving Challenges - Basic
Results Orientation - Basic
Working and collaborating with others - Basic
Core & Regulatory Banking Systems-Basic
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Teller, Law, Compliance, Finance, Legal